Date: June 2019
By: Vietnam Timber and Forest Product Association (VIFORES), Handicraft and Wood Industry Association of Ho Chi Minh City (HAWA), Binh Duong Furniture Association (BIFA), Forest Products Association of Binh Dinh (FPA Binh Dinh) and FOREST TRENDS.
The report concentrate on assessing some effects of the US-China trade war on Vietnam's export wood processing industry. This report is divided into 6 main parts. Part 2 gives some information about the context of US - China trade war. Part 3 provides information to the status of wood products trade between these two countries, which focuses on the impact of this war to Vietnam, Part 4 assesses the situation and changes of investment projects in the wood industry in recent times, while Part 5 analyzes changes of Vietnam's wood products percent in exports from Vietnam to the US. Part 6 discusses some policy aspects of this industry and gives some conclusions.
The Report (in Vietnamese) is attached below:
- Asian Economic Integration Report 2019/2020
- Exporting Fresh Fruit and Vegetables to China: A Market Overview and Guide for Foreign Suppliers
- SPS Measures: Status Report on Agricultural Trade between Cambodia, the Lao PDR, Viet Nam and China
- Report: Trade Remedies in 2018
- The White Book on Vietnamese Businesses 2019