Vietnam is currently one of twelve countries negotiating the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP). The negotiations are in the important stage with discussions on many groups which are controversial. One outstanding issue is discussion on strengthening the protection of Intellectual Property (IP) and their impact on medicine production and access to medicine in countries like Vietnam.
The result of TPP negotiations on this issue will have an impact on medicine price and capacity of Vietnam’s pharmacy industry as well as the citizen, employees and other social - economic factors.
To provide deeper information on impacts of IP provisions in the current TPP draft and to share experience of Latin American countries in dealing with such provisions, VCCI coordinated with United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) and United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) to organize:
“Local Pharmaceutical Production And TPP Negotiations: Intellectual Property Provisions”
Time: 8h00 - 12h30 Tuesday, August 13, 2013
Venue: Pullman hotel, 40 Cat Linh, Dong Da, Hanoi
Download the Workshop documents here:
- Forum: The US-China trade war
- Conference: Opportunities and challenges for Vietnam’s seafood sector from CPTPP and EVFTA
- Seminar: EVFTA and IPA - The impacts on trade and investment between Vietnam and EU
- Conference: "Opportunities and challenges for Vietnam’s agriculture sector when participating in FTAs"
- Conference: The legality of timber products in government procurement in Vietnam ...