HCM City, EuroCham talk EVFTA implementation11/10/2019
A dialogue between the Ho Chi Minh City Customs Department and the European Chamber of Commerce (EuroCham) in Vietnam took place in Ho Chi Minh City on October 9 to discuss the implementation of the European Union – Vietnam Free Trade Agreement (EVFTA).
It was the fourth consecutive year that the event was held, attracting representatives from over 200 outstanding businesses from EuroCham and countries that are working in Vietnam.
Speaking at the event, head of the department Dinh Ngoc Thang said the sector is ready with EVFTA implementation by adopting a modern management system, facilitating exports-imports, and effectively fighting counterfeits.
He wished that European enterprises would continue expanding operations in Vietnam and Ho Chi Minh City in particular, thus contributing to the common economic development of Vietnam and the EU.
EuroCham Chairman Nicolas Audier spoke highly of the department’s efforts to create a favourable business environment over the past years.
Leaders of the city’s customs sector answered questions regarding rules of origin, goods transportation and classification, and relevant legal documents.
Statistics showed that Ho Chi Minh City is now home to over 1,100 European projects with a total investment of nearly 3.86 billion USD./.
Source: Vietnam Plus
- Vietnam-EU Trade: EVFTA Ratified by EU Lawmakers
- Trump’s phase one trade deal with China could strengthen free trade globally
- Tough for Vietnamese firms to follow EVFTA rules of origin
- Enterprises invited to get involved in legalisation of EVFTA commitments
- Vietnam ready to respond to changes in international economic-trade cooperation